KC Offer Potential Jet Pack Tragedy in Lieu of Beckham
What do you do when you have upwards of 25K people coming to game that less than 10K actually want to be at? You give then free parking. You give them a Beatles cover band. You give them fireworks and autographs. And obviously you give them a damn jet pack, a device in which every flight seems to have a good chance at going tits up.
These are just a few of the consolation prizes being awarded to Wizards ticket holders for tomorrow nights match versus the Beckham-less Galaxy. Hey, at least it's not free hot dogs and pony rides for the kids. And for once this season the ESPN game will actually have a big crowd on hand. Check out the slate of events…I'm more of a scotch or whiskey man but I might be down to hang out on the Martini Corner.
- Parking lots open: 3:30 p.m.
- An "expanded" Soccer Celebration: 4-7 p.m.
- Liverpool (A Tribute to the Beatles): 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Stadium gates open: 5:30 p.m.
- Players warm-up: 6:05-6:43 p.m.
- Cobi Jones tribute: 6:45 p.m.
- Jet-pack delivers game ball: 6:58 p.m.
- Kickoff: 7 p.m.
- Fireworks show: 9 p.m. (approx.)
- Wizards autograph session: 9:15-9:45 p.m. (approx.)
- Post-game celebration at Martini Corner: 10 p.m. - close